Why does the head fall off the Child of Prague?
“If the head breaks off the Child of Prague, it is considered to be very lucky. “Some people bury the statue in the garden, others place it in the window of their home facing out.” The statue is not only associated by Catholics as bringing good weather.
Where should I put my child of Prague?
What do I do with the Child of Prague statue?
- he should be placed in the garden under a bush.
- he should be placed in the garden facing the house.
- he should be placed in the garden facing away from the house.
- he should be buried in the garden up to his neck.
- he should be buried upside down in the garden.
What does the child of Prague stand for?
The Child of Prague, or the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague as it likes to be called on formal occasions, has been a figure of veneration for the thick end of 500 years. For Irish people, it has been a particular object of devotion.