What is the legend of the Infant of Prague?
The Infant Jesus in Prague
The Infant Jesus of Prague was damaged, thrown away and forgotten. The statue was found in 1638 by father Cyril. However, the infant was damaged as it missed both arms. The legend says that the father Cyril heard the infant talking to him when he found him.
What do I do with the baby of Prague statue?
What do I do with the Child of Prague statue?
- he should be placed in the garden under a bush.
- he should be placed in the garden facing the house.
- he should be placed in the garden facing away from the house.
- he should be buried in the garden up to his neck.
- he should be buried upside down in the garden.
Why do people pray to the Infant Jesus of Prague?
By depicting Jesus as a child, the tradition of the Infant of Prague also emphasizes His humanity, and how we are children of God because of the salvation that He brings us. As Pope Benedict XVI said: The figure of the Child Jesus, the tender infant, brings home to us God’s closeness and his love.
Is Prague in USA?
Prague /ˈpreɪɡ/ is a city in southeastern Lincoln County, Oklahoma, United States.
|• Land||3.00 sq mi (7.76 km2)|
|• Water||0.35 sq mi (0.92 km2)|
|Elevation||1,010 ft (308 m)|