What is the story behind the Child of Prague?
Its exact historical origins are obscure, but devotion to the Child is believed to have begun in 1556 when Maria Manriquez de Lara brought the image of the infant to Bohemia (former name for Czech territory) from Spain on her marriage to local nobleman Vrasitlav of Pernstyn.
Why does the head fall off the Child of Prague?
“If the head breaks off the Child of Prague, it is considered to be very lucky. “Some people bury the statue in the garden, others place it in the window of their home facing out.” The statue is not only associated by Catholics as bringing good weather.
Where should I put my child of Prague?
What do I do with the Child of Prague statue?
- he should be placed in the garden under a bush.
- he should be placed in the garden facing the house.
- he should be placed in the garden facing away from the house.
- he should be buried in the garden up to his neck.
- he should be buried upside down in the garden.