Is it better to stay in Old Town or New Town Prague?
If it is your first time in Prague, then the New Town is the best place to stay. The Old Town is only a few minutes’ walk away, so you’ll be able to get your fill of Prague’s history, and all the modern elements of the city are right on your doorstep too!
Where is the main part of Prague?
The city centre of Prague is divided into five areas, which span both banks of the Vltava River. On one side of the river: the New Town (Nové Město), with Wenceslas Square at its heart; the Old Town (Staré Město), with the Old Town Square at its heart; and the Jewish Quarter (Josefov).
How many days are enough in Prague?
To really see Prague, it’s best to visit for four to five days. That will allow you to see all the main sites and get a sense of the city’s culture.
Is Prague 4 Safe?
Re: Is Prague 4 safe? As mentioned in other posts, Prague is relatively safe for a city its size. The biggest wory might be paying attention to your pocket book on the tram/metro-but that would be in any site seeing city. Just like any other visit-know your route and have your wits about you.
What should I avoid in Prague?
What to Avoid in Prague: Tourist Schlock
- Karlova Street. …
- Concerts — or anything for that matter – sold by people in period costumes. …
- Wenceslas Square at Night. …
- Astronomical Clock Show on the Hour. …
- Prague’s Scams and Overcharging at Tourist Restaurants.
Where should I stay in Prague for 2 days?
The Best Places For 2 Days in Prague
- Hotel Aurus *My Favorite Hotel in Prague* • “Aurus enjoys a fantastic location in the Old Town District of Prague, a 5-minute walk from the Old Town Square and the Charles Bridge. …
- The Roadhouse Prague *Best Hostel in Prague!*
What are the different areas of Prague?
Your Neighborhood Guide to Where to Stay in Prague
- Old Town / Staré Město (Prague 1)
- Lesser Town / Little Quarter / Malá Strana (Prague 1)
- New Town / Nové Město (Prague 2)
- Vinohrady (Prague 2)
- Vyšehrad / Albertov (Prague 2)
- Karlín (Prague 8)
- Holešovice & Letná (Prague 7)
- Smíchov (Prague 5)